|Job description||Oversees criminal investigations and prosecutions. Term is four years.|
|Duties||Prosecutes criminal cases in district criminal courts; investigates and prepares misdemeanor and felony cases for trial.
Provides legal counsel to county officials, and represents the county in civil matters.
Assists family violence victims with protective orders.
Represents the state in mental health commitments.
Note: criminal law deals with behavior that is an offense against the public, society, or the state—even if the victim is an individual.
Note: civil law deals with behavior that injures an individual or other private party, such as a corporation.
|Tiffany D. Burks|
- Vote 411 (League of Women Voters Education Fund), Criminal District Attorney
- “Candidates for Tarrant County criminal district attorney on Nov. 8 ballot,” Fort Worth Star-Telegram (Oct 23, 2022) (paywall – article limit)
Recent News Articles
- “Tarrant County DA’s race among several local races targeted nationwide by Virginia PAC,” Fort Worth Report (Nov 4, 2022) https://fortworthreport.org/2022/11/04/tarrant-county-das-race-among-several-local-races-targeted-nationwide-by-virginia-pac/
- “Candidate Q&A: meet the candidates for Tarrant County district attorney,” Community Impact (Nov 1, 2022) https://communityimpact.com/dallas-fort-worth/grapevine-colleyville-southlake/election/2022/11/01/candidate-qa-meet-the-candidates-for-running-tarrant-county-district-attorney/
- “Both candidates for Tarrant County district attorney talk about marijuana, death penalty,” WFAA (Oct 27, 2022) https://www.wfaa.com/video/news/politics/both-candidates-for-tarrant-county-district-attorney-talk-about-marijuana-death-penalty/287-441913e3-aef5-4b41-b7d7-7588605339d4 (video)
- “PAC campaign mailer uses fake quote to target Democrat DA candidate,” Fort Worth Report (Oct 24, 2022) https://fortworthreport.org/2022/10/24/pac-campaign-mailer-uses-fake-quote-to-target-democrat-da-candidate
- “How can voters pick between two good choices for Tarrant DA? Here’s what we recommend [editorial],” Fort Worth Star-Telegram (Oct 21, 2022) https://www.star-telegram.com/opinion/election-recommendations/article267637962.html (includes video; paywall – article limit)
- “Tarrant County district attorney candidates offer different leadership approaches,” Fort Worth Star-Telegram (Oct 17, 2022) https://www.star-telegram.com/news/politics-government/article267114446.html (includes video; paywall – article limit)
- “Full interview: candidate for Tarrant Co. District Attorney Tiffany Burks,” CBS DFW (Oct 14, 2022) https://www.cbsnews.com/dfw/video/full-interview-candidate-for-tarrant-co-district-attorney-tiffany-burks/
- “Full interview: candidate for Tarrant Co. District Attorney Phil Sorrells,” CBS DFW (Oct 14, 2022) https://www.cbsnews.com/dfw/video/full-interview-candidate-for-tarrant-co-district-attorney-phil-sorrells/
- “Tarrant County will elect a new criminal district attorney in November. What responsibilities come with the position?” Fort Worth Report (Sep 26, 2022) https://fortworthreport.org/2022/09/26/tarrant-county-will-elect-a-new-criminal-district-attorney-in-november-what-responsibilities-come-with-the-position/
- “A matter of debate? Republican candidates for Tarrant DA, county judge say there’s no need,” Fort Worth Report (Sep 12, 2022) https://fortworthreport.org/2022/09/12/a-matter-of-debate-republican-candidates-for-tarrant-da-county-judge-say-theres-no-need/
- “Phil Sorrells wins Republican runoff for Tarrant County district attorney,” Fort Worth Star-Telegram (May 25, 2022) https://www.star-telegram.com/news/politics-government/election/article261705767.html (paywall – article limit)